If you didn't already know, the act of penis stretching required the inclusion of several devices and techniques to increase the overall size of the penis. Some of the most popular methods for this includes a common stretching exercise known as “jelquing”. Additionally, various traction devices or penis pumps are also used.
However, there is limited proof which actually shows that stretching methods actually work. With that said, there have still been some results which can be either temporary or simply modest.
Do Penis Stretching Exercises Work?
It should be noted that the evidence used is not completely scientific. Thus far, most scientific studies have gone against the act of penis stretching. This is mainly due to the fact that they do not believe in stretching to increase the girth or length of a penis. Unlike other methods, the art of penis stretching is very inexpensive, non-invasive, and it comes with the least risk.
By performing these exercises, more people can now be comfortable with their bodies. Due to this, the following can be done in an effort to stretch the penis:
* During this exercise, you'll need to begin by holding the head of your penis and pulling it upward. This should be done for a duration of 10 seconds at a time.
* Next, you'll need to pull it to the right as you hold it for another 10 seconds.
* At this point, you'll need to pull it to the left and hold for a final 10 seconds.
* This penis stretching technique can be done up to twice daily.
* The first step to a jelquing massage is to form a circle around the base of your penis. This is done with the thumb and the index finger.
* Next, you'll need to tighten your circle as you apply some gentle pressure to the shaft of your penis.
* Now you'll need to move the circle closer to the head of the penis in a gradual motion. This should be done keeping in mind that the entire upward motion should take roughly 3 or 5 seconds. If for some reason you feel any pain, you'll need to reduce some of the pressure.
* The jelquing massage technique should be done each day for a max of 20 minutes.
Applying Gentle Pressure On The Base
* For this exercise, you'll need to hold the head of your penis and pull it upward. You'll also need to apply gentle and firm pressure to the base of the penis. However, this is done for up to 10 seconds.
* As you pull the penis to your left, you'll need to apply some pressure to the right of the base and hold for another 10 seconds.
* Next, you'll need to pull the penis to the right and apply pressure to the left as you hold for 10 seconds again.
* This exercise can be repeated for a max of 2 minutes each day.
While penis stretching exercises have the lowest risks, there are still steps that can be taken so persons remain comfortable as they indulge in these exercies. These are as follows:
* You should avoid stretching exercises when the penis is erected. Exercies should only be performed when the penis is semi-erect or flaccid.
* While performing the exercises, you can use lubrication like natural oils or even petroleum jelly. This should be done before you attempt any of these exercises.
* Penis stretching exercises should not be performed more than twice or even once daily.
* During any exercise session, you should stop immediately if you feel discomfort or pain.
* Before performing these exercises, it's best to discuss with a doctor if you plan to do so regularly for extended periods.
Do Penis Stretching Devices Work?
Thus far there are several stretching devices on the markets as well as methods that work for enlargement. However, according to the Urology Care Foundation, these methods hardly ever work. This is due to the fact that there isn't much or any supporting evidence that any of these techniques work. The following are the most common devices:
Vacuum pumps are mainly comprised of tubes that fit over the penis. As the user operates the device, air is pumped out of the tube in an effort to increase the flow of blood to the penis. This usually results in an erection due to the excess swelling. Most people tend to use these pumps as a method of treating erectile dysfunction.
Some people indicate that regularly using these pumps will significantly increase the size of the penis. However, research doesn't support this at all. A study done in the year of 2006 reports that persons did not experience any changes after a whopping six months of use. With that said, there were still some persons who did gain some satisfaction from the pump.
These usually fit at the base of a penis and they work by restricting the blood flow. In essence, this creates stronger erections and they can even increase the length of the erection. There is some research which suggests that the rings can increase the size of a penis while men are on erectile dysfunction medications. These medications include tadalafil (Cialis) or sildenafil (Viagra); there are only two properly documented cases that show these effects.
These extenders are better known as traction devices which stretch the penis tissue as it also increases the length. Thus far, there has been credible evidence which suggests that these devices work with a little dedication and persistence in order to attain noticeable results. Another review of existing research from a 2010 study indicates that penile extenders have the capacity to produce desirable effects.
Some of these results were also compared to the results that can be attained from surgeries. Penile extenders are highly desired since they are extremely effective and come at the lowest risks. Additionally, one particular review was a 2009 study that went on to assess the effects of a particular extender on 15 people.
These persons were instructed to use the extender for up to 4 hours per day during a max of 6 months. After the 6 month period, most of the participants gained an extra 2.3 cm or 0.9 inches in a flaccid state. In essence, this resulted in 0.7 inches or 1.7 cm erected. However, it should be noted that the girth didn't change.
Another report from 2011 indicated some of the same results. Persons did gain up to 0.7 inches in length. This particular study involved 23 persons using the extender for up to 3 months between 4 or 6 hours a day for the first 14 days before they extended it to 9 hours for the remaining time.
A study from 2013 indicated that traction devices can lead to an increase in the length as it also reduces deformities in men with Peyronie's disease. Peyronie's disease is known as a build-up of scar tissue in the penis. Those interested in penile extenders should take into consideration that some of these studies usually only involve small sample sizes.
It should be noted that the randomization of participants may not be enough for researches to properly generate particular results. Hence, more research is required to properly determine the safety and effectiveness of these devices.
Risks And Considerations
According to significant research, stretching devices and various exercises can be done with the lowest risks. However, when person's don't do them with the proper technique, they can easily damage the tissues in the penis resulting in weaker erections. It is strongly advised that persons consult with a doctor before performing these exercises.
If you're using a device, the following are important since some of the following can be sustained:
* Minor bruising
* Itching, redness or irritation
* Broken blood vessels
In the instances where the side effects are very severe or they continue for a couple of days, you should visit your physician.
Average Penis Length
According to several studies, involving 15000 men from around the globe, the average length is as follows:
* 3.16 inches or 9.16 cm when flaccid
* 5.17 inches or 13.12 cm when erect
Research indicates that most persons who require treatment for shorter penises, usually overestimate the average length. The majority of men from all around the globe usually fall into the normal range. Additionally, these studies have also indicated that women are pleased with the length of their partner's penis.
When To See A Doctor
While most people generally worry about the shape and size of their penis, they can benefit from having informative discussions with the doctors. Doctors usually lay these insecurities to rest with some advice and reassurance. If persons have mental or physical conditions, doctors can determine a proper solution to deal with the issue at hand. In some instances, cognitive behavioral therapy is needed before people can feel better about their body.
There are numerous methods and contraptions that are rumored to increase the size of a penis. For most of these, there isn't enough evidence to support these claims. When properly used, some of these methods can offer persons the lowest risks and some exercise also make them more comfortable with how their penis looks. For those who have concerns about the shape and size, they can easily speak to their doctors!